Kim on her new "Road Bike" Kicking our butts
THE TIMP TRI CLUB REPRESENTS
" THE ICE BREAKER "
HAHA.........They weren't Kidding when they call it .......The "Ice breaker"
RUN: ................Distance.........3 Miles.............33 Minuets
BIKE: ................Distance 11.5 Miles.................58 Minuets
SWIM: ......................Distance 300 Meters............15 Min
Total Time: 1hr 47 Min.....
(that counts the 5 minuets that I was trying to get my swim cap and goggles onto my dry hair....Impossible and also the Transition periods inbetween the events)
Temperature: 40 Degrees
Wind: 100 mph, at least it felt like it
Overall place out of 460 contestants: 240
Rank in my division (AKA " Athena"): 4th
OK, so I actually finished my first triathalon, It was a little chilly but the sun was shining and we couldnt have asked for anything more! We were just greatful that it wasnt raining and snowing. Because of the 40 degree temp, they flipped the order of the race. Run, Bike, then Swim.
THE RUN: the run was great, I actually was faster than I usually am, guess its all that race day adrenalin
THE BIKE: ......Well it felt like the wind was blowing 100 mph! it was hard just to stay on the bike without falling over. It was 2, six mile loops, the first mile was all up hill! My gears were freakin out so I was stuck in a harder gear.....but I never got off the bike and walked it!
THE SWIM: The swim was great, It actually felt like the easiest part of the whole race. Even though I went really slow because my legs were J-E-L-L-O , it was almost like resting my body. After being outside for so long, it felt like getting into a hot tub, it actually stung my skin.
IT'S ALL ON TAPE.....I just have to figure out how to get it onto this blog.
9 comments:
Way to go KARA!! Seriously it sounds like one of those mornings when I look out the window and say..."NAHHHH, I'll just run tomorrow!!" That's awesome that you felt so good. I signed up for the SLC 5K... hopefully I will see you there! ;o)
Wahoo! That is awesome! I was going to come cheer you on but, I was on soccer mom duty. I did see a few people on their bikes though as I was headed up to AF junior high.
I am incredibly jealous. I have only done that one triathlon but, I loved it. I really will have to try for that one in June?
Good job!! I think I'm going to do one of those now! I'm not into LONG distance running, but I think I would be fine with a triathlon.
KARA, WHAT A WOMAN YOU ARE!!!!
You are an inspiration!
YYEEAAAHHHH KARA!! Good job! I will just let you do the exercising for me, how is that! We should get together one of these weekends, let me know when is good for you guys!
Crazy girls!!! I was seriously so proud watching you and Kim. I could never do it!
I'm really proud of your accomplishment! It has to feel SO good. I've done a lot in my life, but never completed a triathlon, so I'm kind of jealous. But just really excited for you!!! :)
Thanks for visiting again...and the compliment.
I was actually just talking to someone today about training for a TRI. It's on the list. Especially since I will likely continue to run distance races, it's great cross training. I think I'm going to go for two marathons this year. Now that I know what I'm getting into (I ran St. George last year), once you're trained, it's easier to just stay trained, right?
I'll have to let you know when I start training for a tri...first I need a bike.
Post a Comment