3.21.2008

TRIATHALON Here we come!





Many of you know that I am doing my first Triathalon next weekend and I will have to say that I am getting anxious! You could put a 1/2 marathon in front of me and I could do it with no problem. Not this event!
I cant believe what it takes to get ready for these things. Take the outfit for starters, It is supposed to be skin tight, that way it doesn't get in the way when you swim, it also has to be able to dry quickly! Then you need to get bike shoes,running shoes, bike gloves, a helmet, socks, race belts, energy gels,swim cap, goggles, road bike. Lets not forget the warm clothing that we are going to have to bring if this weather doesn't not change soon.
I guess you could say that I am nervous, but its only because I am afraid I am going to get run over by the better swimmers in the 50 meter pool! It is sooooooooo long! or maybe its the mile long hill that goes straight up forever and the start if the running portion !
I guess that's why I am doing this, I am always up for a challenge!
I guess we will just have to wait and see how it goes
If any of you want to experience a really fun event I really suggest coming to watch! I will be at the back of the pack of course. The elite athletes are the ones that are fun to watch



0 comments: