9.03.2008

There is a life after "Twilight"

A few of my friends have asked what there is to read now that "twilight" is finished. I heard through the grapevine that "Outlander" is fantastic so I picked up the 1st book, I'm now on the 4th and can not put it down!!! It is a romance/history/adventure series, If you liked "Twilight" then you will like this even more
First in a series of books that combines time travel, history, romance, and a bit of genealogy, "Outlander," by Diana Gabaldon, takes heroine Claire Randall, a former WWII combat nurse, back in time 200 years to 18th century Scotland - the time period of her husband's scandalous ancestor, Captain John Randall. Thus begins a story full of adventure, history and romance as Claire tries to reconcile her mysterious appearance in 18th century Scotland with her life and husband in the 20th century.




WARNING: there are some parts of the books that are.....well lets just say a little over the top (Romance, language and war) But on a whole, the story line is captivating and covers a spanse of more than 20 years!!!
You are crazy if you don't run and pick up this book!

4 comments:

Cherity said...

Oh, cool!! I need some more good books to read. Thanks!!!

Heidi said...

Im so excited to hear something new to read! Did you read " The Host" from the twilight author? I loved it! I'm getting on amazon right now. I love historical fiction. They sound awesome!

smacula said...

I'm a little embarrassed to say but I'm still struggling through the twilight series because I have a problem with "falling asleep" within 5 minutes each night when I start to read. ( A little sleep deprived I guess) The only time I can read is on Sunday mornings in the bathtub-- hee hee-- but thanks for the review on those books, they sound really good :0)

Sarah Lee said...

I have the best intentions of reading. But, not the best follow through. (Such is my life :) But, I will look these up the next time I'm at the library.