9.18.2008

The new Cascade Springs......or what's left of the Old one








I haven't been to Cascade Springs since the fire ripped through it a couple of years ago. When I say it ripped through it, I mean it really "Ripped" through it.

Brian and I decided that it would be fun to ride the scooter up the Alpine Loop to have a picnik and to walk through Cascade Springs. I new that there would be some diferences after the fire but I was quite surprised.

It is still as beautiful as ever but with a new type of "Beauty" I loved looking at all the charred trees.....that sounds weird I know. But the greatest part of it was all of the burned stuff was being taken over by new sapplings of aspen trees.


It reminded me of life in general

Sometimes we get "burned" or at least it feels like it and feel like the whole world has stopped and can't possibly go on......but with time things heal and we can begin growing again. At this point in my life, I think I am finnally doing the healing and growing thing with new sapplings covering the old burns, before you know it, you are a great strong tree again covered with knowledge and strength.


I was thinking that athough the burns may look covered for a certain times during our lives, they are still there,and always will but there comes a time we can look back on them and appreciate all that we have learned from them, mainly how to grow & heal again.



















1 comments:

skcoe said...

I got engaged in Cascade Springs! I think we've only been there once since...it may be time for another visit!

It's so great you could see and appreciate the beauty...it really is beautiful, isn't it?