October is the National Infant Death Awareness month
The reason for this month is to educate and teach people about infant loss as well as to remember our precious childeren that we lost.
Many people that haven't experienced loss choose not to listen and to learn because they are uncomfortable talking about it, for those of us living each day in these set of shoes, we have no choice. I think the most important thing to learn from loss of our childeren is to help others understand and teach them a little at the same time.
These are true facts
last year there were almost 1 Million Infant Deaths:
900,000 infant losses
26,000 Still born Losses
19,000 Neonatal Losses
These numbers do not included childeren lost to SIDS
Each day 2,739 infants die
In 1998 Congress made October the Official Infant Awareness month for 1 million good reasons

~Kisses to Heaven~
Today I sent a kiss to Heaven
I'm encouraging all of you to try
For if I have shared this with you
You have had a child die.
This kiss came from deep inside
And I know that it truly was received
Right after I had sent my kiss
A calming breeze surrounded me.
Not only that, a wind chime rang
From where I do not know
But I felt my children smile at me
And say they love me so.
Take a kiss within your hands
And look up to the sky
Release that kiss with loving care
Now please try not to cry.
Once your kiss is off to them
To Heaven's gate above
Just look for any single sign
Of your child's precious love.
~Unknown Author~
Today I sent a kiss to Heaven
I'm encouraging all of you to try
For if I have shared this with you
You have had a child die.
This kiss came from deep inside
And I know that it truly was received
Right after I had sent my kiss
A calming breeze surrounded me.
Not only that, a wind chime rang
From where I do not know
But I felt my children smile at me
And say they love me so.
Take a kiss within your hands
And look up to the sky
Release that kiss with loving care
Now please try not to cry.
Once your kiss is off to them
To Heaven's gate above
Just look for any single sign
Of your child's precious love.
~Unknown Author~
6 comments:
I really admire you guys, that is something that no one wants to go through and you don't have a choice. I think about you and other friends that this has happened to all the time. Thank you for helping educate people about it.
I think about little John Scott every day, knowing that I have a little one that has been with him and they DID hang out together! Especially that I am now at the point in my pregnancy when John was born I truly understand now when you and Brian would both say how fortunate you felt to have him for just the time you did. I had never thought about that before...You have helped me appreciate all the little things about this pregnancy and realize that each moment is special and a blessing. Thank you for that. Love you both
What a good idea to have the Wave of Light. We will definately participate. You are so strong. Thanks for this uplifting words!
You two are an inspiration to me and I know to many others also. Your strenght is truly touching. I'm very sure you already know, but I was watching channel 5 and saw this announcement. Thought I would let you know if you didn't.
"Walk to Remember"
October is National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month and in commemoration, Share Parents of Utah will hold its 13th Annual Walk to Remember Oct 11 at Larkin sunset Lawn Cemetery. The event offers bereaved parents, siblings and grandparents the opportunity for reflection as they remember loved ones. To learn more call (801) 363-5781.
Oh Kara, this is such a hard time of year for me, I wasn't aware the October was infant awareness month. It will be 5 years on Nov 8. I will be lighting a candle for my little one and yours. Although I know they are in a better place, I still ache to hold my baby and it seems as if nothing will help that feeling of loss go away sometimes. Thank you for posting your sweet poem.
It does get better til that day comes around every year. We named him Ryan. We named our new baby this year Kacee Ryann, to honor him.
Post a Comment