Brian and I completed the Pleasant Grove Triathlon on Saturday. We had such a great time training the last couple of weeks together. The race was so hot because they didn't start it until 9:00 in the morning and by then it was already blazing hot!!!
We started with a 3 mile run
Then a 8 mile bike ride
ending with a 500 meter swim
Brian finished in 1hr 18 min
Kara finished in 1hr 29 min
(That included all of the transition time)

Before the race

And were off!

I tried to stay up with him but he's just too fast

Kim (my sister) and Beckah

Brian on the run

By this time, I was dying of heat and very excited to get on the bike

Brian in T-2

This will be my last TRI on a mountain bike....Soon comes the new road bike

Brian cruising down the hill

Brian running to the pool

Brian swimming

There's me...I actually did the freestyle the whole time

I Actually still had energy to keep swimming at then end.....its a miracle

CHAMPIONS!!!
7 comments:
Way to go Kar & Brian! You weren't that far behind Brian... give yourself credit - you had a funky bike! ;o)
You guys are amazing!! That is such an accomplishment!! Way to go!!
-Cat-
Awesome Job Brian and Kara! You guys looked amazing out there.
WAHOO! Good job! Some day, maybe next year, I will totally do that with you!
What studs you are!!!
that's a great accomplishment-- you're very inspiring to me-- :0)
So you two are inspiring. What is the last triathlon you are doing this year? Maybe I could get on the ball and do that one with you.
Post a Comment