6.12.2008

"Aloha!" A Maui Flashback

Brian and I went to Maui , Hawaii in June a couple of years ago, Looking at these pictures makes me want to go back. The island was incredible and even with a week there, we needed more time to see all the incredible places. The one place that I remember most, was the Valcano. Once you drove to the top and looked down you realized jsut how massive the crater was. There were hikes that actually went into the crater....Lets think about that one...It is the last place I want to be if it decided to become "active" again.

Iowa Valley - A very sacred place

Inside "Haleakala"

Black sand beach


Lahina

The view from our hotel room in Kaanapali

Sunrise bike ride from the top of the volcano.....It rained the whole time!

The "Banyan tree" it is as big as a whole city block


Surfing in Lahina


the 7 Sacred Pools

2 comments:

Sarah Lee said...

Those pictures look incredible! I so wish I was there right now. What a fun trip!

maria said...

So gorgeous! It would be so beautiful to hike to a volcano. Looks like you guys had a blast!