5.05.2008

Zion National Park

Zion was fantastic....it was warm enough to wear summer clothes but I didn't get burned to a crisp. Brian and I hiked to the "Emerald Pools" and did a bunch of other hikes, but in the end we wanted to do angels landing. There wasnt enough time to do it so I guess that we will have to go back. When we got into zion at 9:45 a.m. it was only 40 degrees so we had to hang out at the visitors center for a while. By the end of the day it was 70...just perfect.




Brian is just like a child.....When he saw the "Park Ranger" hat, he just had to have it......can't you just see him doing that?

Weeping Rock


The falls at the top of emerald pools, it is so high that the time it reaches the ground, it is only mist.

2 comments:

Derick and Becky said...

That looks and sounds like it was a lot of fun! I love the ranger hat! Call me sometime to chat!

plaidspolitics said...

We went up the Emerald Pools trail less than a month after Bridget died. It was a beautiful trip, and there was a sense of serenity there that is hard to describe. I have a picture we took of the second level pool I entered in a competico contest and took second place, so you can see what our view looked like that day. I didn't exactly feel like I could sense Bridget was with us, but it felt like there was a connection there that transcends this mortal sphere and that you are closer to the universe and beyond. So I could understand a sense of why mountains are a place where God often talks to prophets in ancient scripture. Did you have a sense of John Scott nearby? I definitely felt more motivation after that visit to do what you are doing now, and visit more of these amazing places on the earth. Just to get a little more of that serene feeling. I'm excited to read more about your adventures! We're a little limited on being able to travel right now, but look forward to your reviews so we can start planning some trips in the future!