Common Bond's Rememberance Day
Today was the Remembrance Walk for Infant Loss. Our support group gathered at Thanksgiving Point gardens for breakfast. They read off all the names of the babies and then we had a moment of silence to remember all of them. It was such a peacefull experience, to be surrounded by others that support you and understand what you are going through.
Afterwards, we all walked the gardens, I never realized how beautiful they were and what a great place to come for peace.


3 comments:
That photo of John Scott is amazing! It was a nice day for the Walk, and I think a wonderful way to remember our children.
The first annual Walk was held on what was supposed to be Dominic's fourth birthday. We had the same realization of what a beautiful place the Gardens are, and we decided to purchase an annual membership as his birthday gift. It has been an annual tradition ever since. They have slowly moved the date farther and farther out into the Spring, which I think has really helped to make the day a bit more comfortable weather wise.
It was strange this year having Bridget's name read along with Dominic's. This year, I spent much more time mingling with others who I could find that "Common Bond" with (thanks for taking the time to be one of those people). It's nice to have these little opportunities to acknowledge that our children are real, and our families can be eternal. I like that this gives my kids the chance to remember their siblings, too. That just as they have an elder brother-- He who walked this earth and made eternal relationships a reality-- whom they cannot see and touch and hold in this mortal sphere, and just as sure as He is real; our kids also know that Dominic and Bridget are a part of our lives as well. Very real and very much a part of our family, though we cannot see and touch and hold them now in this mortal sphere. I ache for that chance again, but I'm glad that for in the meantime, we have these little "tender mercies" to help us pass the time until the reunion sweet.
Hey guys! I have a special place in my heart for little John. Families are Forever! We packed up our house this weekend, close on our house on tuesday, close on the new house on the 28th and move in! I hope we will hang out more since we'll be closer! ~lacei
He was so beautiful!! I love his name. Here is a big cyber hug from me to you. {{{{{ }}}}}}
-Cat-
Post a Comment