7.25.2008

Pioneer Day Ride

Ok, so maybe I wasn't walking accross the plains like the pioneers did, but I sure did " put my back into it " on this ride. We started at the mouth of American Fork Canyon and rode all the way up to Tibble Fork. It was only a 12 mile ride but by the time we got to Timpoanogas Cave, I was exhausted, talk about an up hill battle!

The lake was so peaceful when we got there, it was quiet.......except for the 4-wheelers. There were people out on the lake fishing and you could hear mother nature at her best.

I was so excited that I made it all the way up to the lake, it was well worth the ride up because the way down was the equivelant of a roller coaster ride, we clocked ourselves going down the canyon @
39 MILES PER HOUR !!!!! ...........on a bike!
What a great time we had, I highly suggest this form of excersice and danger to all!

6 comments:

Derick and Becky said...

Wow, way to go! It looks gorgeous up there! We want to go roast marshmellows some time up there, want to go?

Lacei Child said...

You are the most Well - Rounded person I know! You do EVERYTHING!

maria said...

We were up at granite flats! just a little farther up the hill and you would have found us SITTING on our butts eating! We should have been exercising! I am alaways amazed that the cyclists make it up that canyon! WAY TO GO :)

Sarah Lee said...

See, this is why I don't go biking with you. You two are crazy good. I would of walked the uphill and I am such a scaredy cat I'm sure I would of had my brakes on the whole way down. It looks like it was beautiful up there though.

Steph said...

Kara what DON'T you do? Hope you are doing well!!

Catherine Glazner said...

Kara!! WOW!! You amaze me with all you do! I need to start hanging out with you so I can get my exercise in!! My husband was a very avid biker and is very sad that I am not. I haven't ridden a bike since I was little!! I don't know if I even remember how!? (You know that saying, It's like riding a bike!?um...) Well it looks gorgeous up there and it looks like an amazing adventure!!

-Cat-