The morning of the C-section I was so nervous, and I'm not a nervous person ! Neither Brian or I could believe that it was actually D-Day
We got checked in at 10:30 and had to do some last minute snap shots of my belly! I couldn't believe that we were going to meet our little girl so soon!
On my way into the Operating Room...feeling absolutely full of every emotion possible
Brian and his " Space Suit" as the doc's called it
Right as we went into the Delivery Room. They started the C-Section at 12:20pm and from that moment all that I remember was Brian and my Doctor's talking about the latest ski's and ski boots....oh and all the different ski runs at sundance......seriously?
and before we knew it they told us to look fast because she arrived at 12:38pm!!!
I couldn't believe my eyes when they pulled the curtain down, I actually saw them pulling her out of my own body!! It was so crazy but then when I saw her I totally forgot about it and just sat there in awe!!! That is what they call "Love at first sight". I only got to see her for a second because the NICU team was waiting to make sure she was ok since she was 4 weeks early.
Here she is just seconds old!!!
They immediately whisked her to the other room to check on her, I could hear her screaming really loud! It was music to me ears!
She was having problems breathing so they took her straight to th NICU.....I on the other hand went straight to recovery......It was so sad that I couldn't see her but I made Brian go with her.
Brooklyn Grace Lowder
March 30th, 2011
5lb 4oz
17 3/4 inches long
2 comments:
so glad brooklyn made it here safe. so cool you got to see her come out! i think im going to request that next time.
Hooray! I'm so glad she is here and safe. Congrats to you all!
Post a Comment