8.02.2009

ST. LUCIA TRIP Day 4

THE LIFE OF A PIRATE
Does this ship look familiar????? Its the same ship that was used in the Pirates of the Carribean #2 & #3.
We did a day sail down the western coast (carribean side) of the Island on this awsome old sail boat, Watching the crew take down the sails and sliding down the ropes is just like what you see in the movies....Oh wait the crew was inthe movie! It was so much fun to hang out with them all day, It was a little sureal to look at them and remember then from the movie, but I tell you what, They really do look like pirates and they KNOW how to have fun!!! They showed us pictures of the filming and told us some great stories!




It was a great way to see the coast of the island as well as a good peaceful ride....well part of it was peaceful. The small coastal towns were scattered everywhere and for the most part it was just nice to sit by the wheel and feel the wind going through the sails.


Talk about crystal Clear water!!! I could not believe how pretty the ocean was




Brian was pretty excited when he found a road side vendor with a cooler full of Snicker Ice cream bars!!!! From this point of the mountain you can see the Piton in the background

Sulfer Springs is what they call this place.....Boy, they are not kidding!!! It was by far the smelliest place I have been in a long time. I think its even worse than Yellowstone

It was fun to watch the water boiling though



After the Sulfer springs we stopped at a waterfall in the middle of the jungle, There were flowers everywhere!!! They were some of the srangest that I have ever seen






On the way up the coast, the captain stopped the ship so that we could all rope swing off the side, It was hilareous watching everyone fall to the water. It was the most blue water I have ever seen, it was 30 feet deep but you could see straight down to the bottom!!!


Brian was the more adventurous one, trying to do back flips, I think I must have done it 10 times





What a Beauty!!! This was definitely an experience that Brian and I will Never forget!!!

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Wow! The pictures are awesome! I wanna go!

Gina said...

What a fun trip! That is so cool that you got to go on an actual pirate ship and that they were in the movie! Those are some crazy looking flowers!