5.18.2009

Remembrance Walk

May 9th was the annual Remebrance Walk at Thanksgiving Point Gardens. The walk is centered around families that have lost infants and childeren. It was overwhelming this year to see how many families gathered for this event, I lost count at 100 people.
My favorite thing this year was the slideshow that was put together for all to see. Its not everyday that you get to show off your child so for some of the parents that lost their babies this was the day to do that.
The slideshow was so tender and heart wrenching at the same time, There was not a dry eye in the room. We read off our babies names and then had a moment of silence to remember them.



Afterwards we walked throught the gardens, My favorite spot was the mother goose and her cute little ducklings fowwlowing her up the trail.

IN MEMORY OF JOHN SCOTT LOWDER
BORN JANUARY 5, 2008
"MOST PEOPLE ONLY DREAM OF ANGELS,
WE HELD ONE IN OUR ARMS"

1 comments:

Derick and Becky said...

I am so sad I missed it. I really wanted to go with you! I love Brian's face.....I am glad you had such a good time.